Warmer Homes

You may have seen us share several posts about the Warmer Homes Scheme on our social media pages. One of our Carbon Busters, Fiona, has sought out more information for you all to explain the process in more detail!

I spoke with Lynn from Warmer Homes and asked her to talk me through the process: what would I have to do if I qualified for funding. There are two ways to contact them either free phone: 0800 0385737 or Apply for the LAD Programme | Warmer Homes. If phoning you’re given two options, option 2 is what you need, I was unsuccessful the first time and after 4 minutes it asked for my number to call back. However, I tried later on and spoke to Lynn. You are asked if you know your homes EPC rating (energy performance certificate) – you may have it if you bought your house, but it doesn’t matter because they can find it with your postcode. Head to Find an energy certificate – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk), it shows the recommendations that would improve your homes efficiency- useful even if you don’t qualify for this grant. You will be asked to sign a declaration if you and your home fit the criteria. The Warmer Homes Scheme will assign you an installer (making sure they have all the appropriate credentials). The named installer would then contact you to survey your property and send a technical report and quotation to the scheme provider. If it is given the greenlight the installer will then arrange a time to carry out the work.

If you meet the eligibility criteria you’ll receive fully-funded measures to help you improve your home’s energy efficiency, including insulation, solar PV panels and air source heat pumps. The programme is open to owner occupiers and private rental tenants only. Funding is not available to local authority or housing association tenants. If you are in a private rental property, then a financial contribution from the landlord will be required and the landlord will be contacted about this following the application. The programme is operating on a first-come, first serve basis and funding is only available until March 2023.

You may qualify for the funding if the following statements apply:

  • Your home has an EPC rating of E, F or G (limited funding is available for EPC D rated properties).

And either:

  • You have a total household annual income of £30,000 or less (before housing costs/bills)


  • You receive a means-tested benefitor you meet the eligibility criteria specified in your local authority’s ECO flexible eligibility ‘statement of intent’.